top of page

Medicare Basics

What Medicare options are available?

Original Medicare offers coverage for services and supplies that are considered to be medically necessary, such as doctor visits, lab tests and wheelchairs. There are several alternative plans you can choose from for additional coverage, and each plan must offer at least the same coverage as Original Medicare. There are two Medicare plans that we can assist you with.

  1. A Medicare Advantage Plan, also known as Part C, combines Part A and Part B as a replacement to Medicare for more comprehensive health care coverage. This plan can be customized with additional coverage, such as a prescription drug program (Part D), vision and dental.

  2. A Medicare Supplemental Plan, also known as Medigap, has a higher premium but supplements the coverage gaps and deductibles that Part A and Part B leave behind.

Why do you need Medicare?

Seniors are in the most need of health care, but once retired monthly premiums can become hard to maintain. Enrolling in the Medicare program allows you to get the care you need for a minimal charge.

Contact us today to learn more about coverage options. We are happy to work with you to determine which Medicare options works best for you.

1 - This is not a complete listing of plans available in your service area. For a complete listing please contact 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week or consult www.medicare.gov.

Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.

Just turning 65

If you have worked for 10 + years or your spouse has worked for 10 + Years than you will automatically be enrolled In Parts A & B when you turn 65. 

While Part A does not have a premium for most people. 
Part B does have a premium of $174.70 per month that will automatically be deducted from your social security check (if you receive social security) 

Untitled design (4).png
couple walking .png

Original Medicare

Medicare is a fee-for-service health care program for seniors, in which the government pays health care providers directly for services that fall under Parts A and B of Medicare benefits. However, if you are looking for more coverage than Original Medicare, you can purchase one of our Medicare Advantage Plans to receive all your Part A and Part B benefits.

Medicare is divided into four categories. This allows you to customize your personal coverage when shopping for a comprehensive policy.

  • Part A (hospital insurance): Covers hospital care, emergency services, nursing home care, home health services and hospice.

  • Part B (medical insurance): Covers medically necessary services and supplies used for diagnosing and treating medical conditions, and preventative services for illness prevention and/or early detection. Examples include ambulance services, mental health care, outpatient procedures and clinical research.

  • Part C: Combines Parts A and B and often part D as well.

  • Part D: Offers prescription drug coverage.

Medicare Advantage Plans

Medicare Advantage Plans Have Monthly Premiums as low as $0. In addition to what Original medicare covers Advantage Plans typically Include additional benefits such as: 

  • Vision

  • Dental 

  • Hearing 

  • Fitness 

  • Over the counter items 

Untitled design (3).png
Untitled design (2)_edited.jpg

Supplement Plans

Supplement Plans or Medigap plans fill in the gap that Medicare Leaves. Original Medicare pays for 80% of your healthcare and a supplement would go in and cover the remaining 20% leaving you with no copays. 

  • No Copay's or Coinsurances 

  • No Network of Doctors: You would have full coverage anywhere that accepts original medicare. 

  • Guarented Issue when you are turning 65 

Part D/Perscription Drugs

Perscriptions are an important part of your health. There are stand alone perscription drug plans to help you save on the prices of medications.  

Taking Meds.png
Glasses.png

Dental & Vision

Needing extra dental or vision benefits? There are several options when it comes to dental and vision. Dental and vision plans can be bundled or be separate. Let your medicare advocate know if you are interested in hearing about our Dental & Vision plans. 

bottom of page